New music

29 May 2014

Roy Hibbert says LeBron told him the Heat's final play

(USA TODAY Sports)

(USA TODAY Sports)
LeBron James is pretty difficult to guard. At least that’s what it looks like, I’ve never guarded him before. Roy Hibbert was was standing next to LeBron on the Heat’s last possession of Game 4 and King James decided to help the Pacers big man out on defense by telling him what he was planning to do with the ball.

Hibbert spoke to Scott Agness of Pacers.com after the game.
My conversation with Roy Hibbert … on the final play with LeBron:
“I asked him straight up right before the play. I was like, ‘You gonna pass to Bosh?” And he said if I’m in the paint he will. We were just joking around. I thought he was going to the basket and I tried to help my teammate out and those guys covered for me.”
Drive James did and when Hibbert came to help, he found an open Bosh who shot … and missed.
What have we learned? Not too much. LeBron made a smart basketball play, as did Hibbert, and Chris Bosh missed so any real drama or controversy has gone begging. Still, it’s fun to know that LeBron is so supremely confident in his ability that he feels comfortable telling his opponents where he’s planning to go.
opponents where he’s planning to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment