New music

19 Jun 2014

Keshi" Anything Can Happen, I Am not making promises ahead of Bosnia game" - 2014 World Cup:

Stephen Keshi has admitted that he cannot assure Nigerians of victory, when the Super Eagles face Bosnia-Herzegovina in their second Group F game of the 2014 World Cup.

The African champions drew 0-0 with Iran in the first and need a win against the Europeans, to boost their chances of making it through to the next round of the tournament.

But Keshi has failed to make any promises, saying he cannot control certain things.

“I’m not God; I’m just a coach and I will do what I have to do and that’s it,” he told reporters in Brazil.“Even the best coaches in the world cannot tell you they will win before the game.”

“We will try to prepare ourselves; we will work together and see what happens.”

Keshi says games at the World Cup have been unpredictable and the Eagles will have to take whatever happens at the end of 90 minutes.

“We saw (the surprise from) Costa Rica; we saw (another surprise) Holland and Spain,” he said. “With football, you never can tell. Whatever comes my way, I will take it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment