New music

25 Mar 2014

Dora Akunyili - Recovering From Major Illness But Purposeful at National Conference


This is Dora Akunyili at the ongoing National Conference where she made her first appearance yesterday. I saw her name on the list of delegates and was wondering how come she had made no public comments on attending and it seems it's because she had been in the United States receiving treatment for a major illness. I only hope she is up to the stress of the confab, seeing that it's almost everyday for the next three months. My prayers are with her.
“I just need to put on some weight. There is a saying in Igboland that goes this way: “Let the sickness take the flesh but leave the bones because with time the bones would grow new flesh. I just came out of a major sickness, for which I thank Almighty God for delivering me. I know that God did that for a purpose, this National Conference being part of that purpose. I am well now but only need time to put on more weight" - Dora Akunyili

No comments:

Post a Comment